In ancient times, Pearls were worn are a symbol of royalty and kingship. However, with new age research, it was found that these gems possessed some positive elements that influenced the rulers’ planets and strengthened their ability to rule and govern. Associated with The Moon, a Pearl is believed to enhance it’s powers and spread serenity in the wearer’s life. The Moon is considered to be the deity of water and influence all watery places, human brain and heart. Apart from this, Moon is also considered a symbol of peace and kindness. Strongly associated with feminine features, it signifies tenderness, passion and beauty. A pearl helps strengthen the positive influences of the Moon and blesses the wearer with a strong will and emotional stability.
Who should wear it ?
- Career: Pearl is very beneficial for people working in fields related to liquids such as milk, oil, medicines, etc. It is also advisable for those in artistic profession such as music, dance, cinematography, painting and designing, writing etc. as it helps improve imagination. Apart from this, students are strongly advised to wear Pearl since it helps improve grasping power and enhances their learning capacity. This capable stone also helps focus harder to attain good results and opens the road to success for the wearer.
- Health: This gemstone is associated with mother and childhood. Hence, any brain and breast-related ailments can indeed be cured with this gemstone. It eases restlessness and soothes the mind. Pearl is a complete solution for people suffering from diseases such as insomnia, blood pressure, heart problems, tuberculosis, asthma, weak eyesight etc. Apart from this, it boosts the stamina and energy levels of the body, resulting in increased efficiency.
- Marriage: Pearl is a symbol of peace and tranquility. It helps soothe the wearer’s mind, resulting in sensible resolving of the issues between a couple; which, in turn, results in a strong and fruitful marriage. This gemstone ensures a successful conjugal life and also protects the individuals from widow-hood.
- Life: Individuals who often feel low, insecure, and helpless are recommended to wear Pearl. It is also recommended for people who suffer from short temperedness and lack patience. Pearl not only helps control anger, but also brings stillness in the wearer’s life. Furthermore, it also helps ease restless and instable mind. Pearl bestows the native with a clear mind and helps stabilize his thoughts. In addition to this, this gemstone has also proved its efficiency by improving family ties and bonds.
When and how to wear it ?
- This gemstone can be set in silver ring after evaluating the suitability of the metal from the native’s Kundli. For children, one can get this gem fixed in a silver pendant to avoid misplacing the ring. As per Hindu mythology, it is auspicious for ladies to wear it as a nose ring as it is said to protect them from widowhood.
- Before wearing the ring or pendant made of this gemstone, one should always consecrate it in order to benefit from this capable stone.
- This gemstone should always be worn on a Monday during Shukla Paksha or as recommended by an expert.
Dip the stone in raw milk or ganga jal preceding night. Wake up early in the morning as it should be worn within one hour of sunrise. After bath, take the Pearl out of the milk and wash it with Ganga jal (sacred water). Recite the respective/advised Mantra for at least 108 times and wear the stone!
ॐ सों सोमाय नमः
Precautions and care:
An ideal Pearl should weigh 2, 4, 6 or 11 ratti. Pearls of weight 7 and 8 ratti are considered inauspicious and hence, should be avoided. If the pearl contains any spots or lacks luster, steer clear of such stones as they may cause evident problems in the wearer’s life. Furthermore, if any side or corner of this stone is broken and still worn, it can cause tremendous loss of wealth in the wearer’s life. It is recommended to always wipe your Pearl with lint-free cloth. Clean the dirt off the Pearl with a solution of mild soap and water in order to maintain its luster. Also, avoid any direct contact with creams or perfumes as they may diminish the sheen of this precious stone.