As per Hindu mythology, Mercury (son of the Moon) is the ruling planet of the Zodiac signs, Gemini and Virgo. The planet represents one’s intellect, voice, thought-process and awareness. Emerald, also known as “Panna”, is associated with the planet Mercury and helps reduce dreadful effects of this planet by ensuring emotional, physical, and spiritual balance of the wearer. Sometimes referred to as ‘The Healer’s Stone’, this stone improves one’s decision making capability, reasoning power and presence of mind. Green in color, this rare gemstone governs the common sense of an individual and is capable of spreading peace & love all around.
This stone is termed as beryl stone and is found in different colors such as white, red, green and red due to the presence of chromium in it. It is very hard stone with its hardness measured on 7.5 to 8.0 on the Mohs scale. The emerald stone of green color is appreciated for its captivating color properties that make it an immensely popular stone among people. It is loved by people of all age groups, especially girls love to wear this gemstone in jewelry items such as rings, necklace, bracelet etc.
As per astrology, there is a huge importance of this gemstone. It is believed to enhance contentment and the power to perceive things that cannot be understood otherwise. IT is the most intense, scintillating, spell bounding and intense stone one can ever find. Apart from being the most attractive gemstone, there are various properties of this precious stone, its association with the prince of all planets “Venus” makes it the best.
Q. Benefits of Emerald ?
Mercury, the planet responsible for physical, mental and emotional balance apart from spiritual growth of an individual is associated with Emerald or Panna, the precious light and dark-green colored gemstone. There are various benefits offered by different gemstones to the wearer. Here are the top five Benefits of wearing Emerald:
- Come closer to the Divine: Wearing emerald is a great way for people to grow on the path of spirituality, gain wisdom and become one with the Divine.
- Decision-Making Ability: Emerald develops decision making power of an individual and helps the wearer make right decisions in life pertaining to career, profession or marriage.
- Enhances Creative and Intuitive Abilities: Emerald makes the wearer creative and develops his/ her abilities to invent, innovate and decorate. Thus, people in artistic and creative fields are suggested to wear this amazing gemstone.
- Mental and Emotional Stability: this gemstone is also recommended for relieving tensions. Wearing this precious gemstone helps a person get rid of day-to-day stress, tension and anxiety apart from becoming emotionally strong with unshakable will-power.
- Fame and Fortune: Emerald favours the never-ending flow of wealth in the wearer’s life and makes him/her famous with world-wide recognition. The emerald offers countless benefits but one must consult a gemstone specialist before wearing this stone as it comes in various shapes and sizes; and wearing wrong shape and size of Emerald can lead to bankruptcy, ill-health and family quarrels. So, it is better to go for an expert advice to avail the benefits of this gemstone.
Q. Who should Wear Emerald ?
- Career: Emerald rules the brain of an individual and is highly efficient for diplomats, scientists, businessmen and insurance officers. It helps behold a positive vision and blesses the native with divine spirituality, leading him towards a successful life. Besides this, it instils the native with wisdom and a strong intellect and is, thus, very beneficial for students. Emerald welcomes the Hindu goddess, Saraswati (the goddess of wisdom and intellect), and blesses the native with divine guidance. Hence, it is also advisable for singers, dancers and musicians to wear this precious stone.
- Health: This gemstone plays a foremost role in improving heart conditions, concentration, sleeplessness, diarrhoea, stammering, asthma, and ulcers. It helps advance eyesight and people suffering from instability and depression can greatly benefit from this stone. Not just this, it revitalizes the hopeless native and inculcates ample enthusiasm in the wearer.
- Marriage: As per Hindu mythology, green Emerald helps strengthen a relationship and assures a long-lasting marriage when gifted to one’s beloved. It protects the wearer from lies and deceives. Apart from this, it is believed to bless the women with off-springs and also make the baby-delivery process painless if tied around the waist of the woman.
- Life: If worn as prescribed, green Emerald has the potential to infuse paramount levels of positive energies in the wearer’s life. It fills a person’s heart with kindness and affection. Besides this, this precious stone is also powerful against razing effects of evil spirits, nightmares, enemies and traitors. This gemstone helps improve confidence and thinking ability of the wear and thus, results in increased monetary flow (cash and property).
Q. How to Wear Emerald ?
- Can be worn as Jewel: Emerald or Panna can be worn in the form of ring, pendants, necklace, earrings and lockets while it is recommended to wear Emerald in the form of ring or pendant for best results.
- Can be worn with other Metals: Emerald or Panna can be worn with gold, silver or Penta alloy (Penta alloy is a mixture of five metals) plating.
- Small Finger: It is advised to wear Panna-studded ring in the small finger of the right hand.
- Apt Weight: Panna or Emerald should weigh between 3 to 6 carats. Method Followed:
- Take bath early in the morning, dip the stoned ornament in the mixture of cow’s milk and honey for about 20 minutes.
- Take out Emerald (Panna) from the mixture and clean it with pious Gangajal.
- Light 5 incense sticks, take the ring in your right hand, chant the below mantra (108 times) and wear your stone.
After wearing Emerald (Panna), one must take special care during regular cleansing process as it gets damaged very easily and loses its efficiency.
Q. When to Wear Emerald ?
- Green Emerald can be preferably set in Gold or “Penta” alloy (mixture of 5 metals), after evaluating the suitability of the metal from the native’s Kundli. This gemstone should always be worn on a Wednesday morning (Shukla Paksha) between 5 A.M. to 7 A.M. or as recommended by a gemstone expert.
- Before wearing the ring or pendant made of this gemstone, one should always consecrate it in order to benefit from this capable stone.
Precautions and care:
Almost 90 percent of the emeralds are filled with cracks. Hence, it is very difficult to find a pure and clear stone for Astrological benefits.
One should note that after wearing this stone, it showers maximum benefits ranging from a period of 45 days to 3 years. After the span of 3 years, it is highly advisable to change the stone as its efficiency starts diminishing. Avoid using ultrasonic or steam for cleaning purposes. The safest and simplest way to clean Emerald is to wash it with lukewarm soapy water. If required, scrub it with a soft cleaning cloth in order to maintain its shine and lustre.