A house is not just a structure of cement and bricks. A person has a lot of emotions and expectations attached to his house. It is one of the biggest assets that provide a sense of security to the people living in it. People work hard all their lives to save money for building a house of their dreams. But sometimes, things fall out of our hands and no matter how hard they work, they keep losing everything, piece by piece. Be it their heath, wealth, peace of mind or relationships, all they encounter is failure! Ever thought what could be the reason for this?
No matter how modern we get or how greatly we neglect the importance of Vastu while constructing our houses, its impact cannot be ignored. Vastu Shastra (the science of Architecture) carefully studies the energies surrounding us and its effect on our lives. Residential Vastu is something that you must implement while constructing a house to ensure happy and peaceful environment. Following are some Residential tips that can help welcome positive energies in the house.
1. Vastu Tips for the House:
- Always chose East and North facing plots which are regular in size (like square or rectangle) as they are considered auspicious.
- Avoid having any corners in your building that might have cuts or extensions as they attract negativity.
- Prefer buying plots that have four side pathways as they are believed to bring peace, happiness and prosperity.
- A leaking overhead tank is considered inauspicious in Vastu.
- The Overhead water tank must never be placed in the South-East direction as this direction invites fatal accidents and may result in financial loss.
- Always use light colours in the house as they as a symbol of happiness and harmony.
- Never sleep in the Pooja Room of the house.
- The windows and the doors must always be placed opposite to each other. This helps in balancing the positive and negative flows of energy.
2. Vastu Tips for the Children’s Room :
- Avoid using direct overhead lights or very sharp lights in the room of children as they may stress their mind and distract.
- The doors should be east and north facing and the windows should be always on the opposite sides of the doors.
- It is recommended to use the colour green as it brings peace, better concentration and a touch of freshness in the child.
3. Vastu tips for Bathroom :
- There distance between the bathroom and the kitchen should be as maximum as possible.
- The placement of the bathroom must be the North-West direction. The North-East can shed the wealth and prosperity of the family while The South-West direction can distress the health of head of the family.
- Place the dirty laundry in the West direction as the sunset rays are lethal for bacteria.
4. Vastu Tips for Bedroom :
- The master bedroom should always be placed in the Southern Direction. Always sleep with your head in the South.
- Avoid keeping any idols of God or Goddess in the bedroom as it is not auspicious to keep idols where you sleep.
- Do not have very large mirrors placed in the room as they can cause fights and worries.
5. Vastu Tips for Kitchen :
- The kitchen should be in the South-East direction as the God of Fire resides in that direction.
- Avoid the entry of footwear (used for outdoor purposes) in the kitchen as it might give an entry to negative elements.
Following these simple Vastu tips in the house can bring a lot of positive changes in the life of residents and lighten up the environment.