Ruby, also known as Manik or Manak, is the gemstone of love. The word “Ruby” is derived from the Latin word “Ruber” which stands for red. This gemstone is extremely strong and is rated 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness. This gemstone is as resilient as sapphires ad is only slightly softer than diamonds. The presence of chromium gives Ruby the red colour. Its color varies from pink to dark red.
According to Indian Astrology, this red crystal is ruled by the Lord of the Solar system, the Sun. The Sun symbolizes light & hope, and emits the radiance of success. It represents pride, power, and prestige. If the Sun is mispositioned in one’s horoscope, it can greatly result in issues related to health and life. Ruby stone astrology nullifies these ill-effects of the Sun and imparts good health and strength to the wearer. It holds a great ability to maximize the positive effects of the Sun and for this reason, ruby is addressed as the ‘The King of the gemstones’.
Wearing this gemstone can bestow one with kingly status and flood of wealth. Besides this, this precious stone enhances the ability to do away with confusions and stay focused! Students and professionals who are constantly failing to achieve goals can greatly benefit from this stone. Ruby improves financial stability and develops one’s recognition in the society.
Q. Benefits of Ruby ?
The Sun plays a very significant role in governing various aspects of the human life. An unfavourable positioning of the Sun in one’s horoscope causes much distress in a person’s personal and professional life. Ruby (Manikya), a precious gemstone helps neutralize the negative effect of Sun and promotes good health, love, peace, harmony and prosperity. There are many benefits of wearing this gemstone among which the major benefits are as given below:
- Professional Success: Ruby helps boost a person’s confidence, leadership qualities and favors good-decision making ability, which in turn helps a person climb the ladder of success in their respective professional field.
- Stress-Buster: A person wearing Ruby gets immediate relief from stress, depression, anxiety and piled up tensions.
- Happy Family Life: Ruby, an epitome of love, peace and harmony; helps resolve family disputes and brings happiness in one’s home.
- Good Health: Wearing Ruby fosters good health and helps fight against deadly heart diseases and blood pressure problems.
- Attractive Personality: Ruby, one of the most important gemstones, helps enhance the wearer’s personality by providing elegance and dignity to one’s character. Though, Ruby acts as a life-saving gemstone for all day-to-day problems, however it is important to pay attention and take care of a few things before wearing it. Ruby comes in various shapes and sizes; and wearing this gemstone without expert advice from a gemstone consultant can make your life hell!
Q. Who should Wear Ruby ?
- Career: Ruby or Manik stone involves the Manipura chakra (the navel chakra of our body). It helps unblock this chakra and strengthens the power of leadership. Ruby is a very effective gemstone for goldsmiths, mineralogists, engineers, actors, government officials, politicians, bureaucrats, dealers of flowers, cloth etc. It is highly advisable for people who seek fame, luxury, power and good health. In ancient times, Ruby was worn by kings as a mark of authority and royalty.
- Health: Ruby grants mental and physical supremacy to the wearer. It adds vibrancy and enthusiasm in the wearer’s life by removing pain and apathy. It helps cure stomach related problems such as indigestion and also, issues related to eyesight and blood circulation. In case one is suffering from cardiac problems or acute depression, Ruby can minimize their prevailing symptoms to a great extent.
- Marriage: Associated with love and passion, Ruby has the ability to bring love and commitment to the life of the wearer. It helps strengthen the bond and ignites a spark between the duo. Couples going through a turbulent phase in their relationships are highly advised to wear this stone after expert consultation. This capable gemstone brings sensuality and energy back in the life of the wearer.
- Life: A person wearing Ruby is always energetic and full of life. Ruby shuns away negativities from the native’s life and does not let them slip into the world of sadness or depression. This intensity stone is known to rejuvenate the system of the person suffering from depression and produces an overall positive influence on his personal life and relations.
Q. How to Wear Ruby ?
- Manik or Ruby can either be fixed in gold or in copper for desired results on the basis of one’s horoscope and position of planets in Kundlis.
- Before wearing the ring or pendant made of this gemstone, one should always consecrate it in order to benefit from this capable stone.
Dip the stone in raw milk or Ganga Jal for 20-30 mins. Wake up early in the morning as it should be worn within an hour of sunrise. After bathing, face towards the east direction and light 5 incense sticks. Place the ring in your right hand and recite the respective/advised Mantra for at least 108 times before wearing it!
Wear the ring in the ring finger of your right hand. But those who are left handed can wear the ring in the left hand too. The most important thing that should be kept in mind before getting the ring ready is that the Ruby should touch the finger of the wearer.
Q. When to Wear Ruby ?
This gemstone should be worn between 5am to 7am on Sunday in Shukla Paksha, which is recommended by an expert. It is important to purify the gemstone when you wear it because these gemstones go through many hands before finally reaching you.
Precautions & Care
- One should note that a discolored or defective Ruby can brings misery and troubles in the wearer’s life. Also, a double colored ruby causes pain to the native and his father. It is highly advise to never wear a cracked or a broken gem, it can give cast an evil effect on the wearer’s life.
- A soft cloth is recommended to first clean the dirt off the gemstone. The Safest and simplest way to clean Ruby is to wash it with lukewarm soapy water and wipe it with a soft cleaning cloth. Keep the Ruby always away from the cleaning agents containing chlorine as it can damage the gem. Store it in a fabric instead of placing it directly in a box. Avoid keeping it with any other stone.