Akshaya Tritiya, also known as Akha Teej, is an auspicious day for all Hindu communities. Observed on the Shukla Paksha Tritiya Tithi of Vaishakha month, Akshaya Tritiya is falling on 26th April this year. This day coincides with ParashuramaJayanti – the birth anniversary of Parashurama, Lord Vishnu’s sixth incarnation.
‘Akshaya’ means ‘never diminishing’, which is why it is believed that the benefits of performing tapa, yajna, daan, japa on this day never diminish. You will always benefit from the good effects of all good deeds done on this day.
Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat
|Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat||05:53 AM to 12:25 PM|
|Duration||6 hrs 32 mins|
|Auspicious time to buy gold|
|Tritiya Tithi begins||11:51 AM on Apr 25, 2020|
|Tritiya Tithi ends||01:22 PM on Apr 26, 2020|
Buying Gold on Akshaya Tritiya
Most people buy gold on the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya. Doing so is believed to bring prosperity and increase wealth in the coming future. It is believed that the gold purchased on this day will never diminish and will continue to grow.
Good Muhurat all Day
The day is said to be free from all malefic effects. Any auspicious work done on this day will have long lasting effects. Also, you don’t have to consult any astrologer or jyotishi for muhurat on this day; the entire day is auspicious for purchasing new stuff, starting a new project at work, beginning a new relationship or even performing marriages.
Akshaya Tritiya for Weddings
Couples who get married on the day of Akshaya Tritiya are said to be blessed with eternal prosperity and togetherness. Even couples whose horoscopes don’t match can get rid of all negativity by tying the knot on Akshaya Tritiya.
Popular Beliefs Related to Akshaya Tritiya
Like a majority of auspicious days, there are some popular beliefs related to the day of Akshaya Tritiya as well.
- Parashurama Jayanti: Parashurama, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, was born on this day in the Treta Yuga.
- Beginning on Satya Yuga: It is believed that this day marked the commencement of Satya Yuga – the Golden Age.
- The Mahabharata: According to Puranic texts, Veda Vyasa started reciting the great epic –Mahabharata before Lord Ganesha on this day. It is also believed that when Pandavas were in exile, Lord Krishna offered them ‘AkshayaPatra’, a bowl that supplied unlimited food on demand and never got empty.
- Lord Krishna and Sudama: Lord Krishna’s childhood friend, Sudama visited him on the day ofAkshaya Tritiya and offered him a handful of rice in his hands.
- Lord Kuber:The God of Wealth, Kuber worshipped Goddess Lakshmi on this day and was blessed with the gift of perpetual wealth and prosperity.
- River Ganga:The holy river Ganga is said to have descended on Earth from heaven on this day.
Make the most of this auspicious day.
|| Happy Akshaya Tritiya||