Hanuman Jayanti is a sacred day dedicated to the worship of the powerful Lord, Hanuman (Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated as the birthday of mighty Lord Hanuman). This day is observed every year on the full moon day of the Hindu month of Chaitra. The devotees observe a strict fast on this holy day, and pray Lord Hanuman with utmost devotion and immense faith.About Lord Hanuman
Lord Hanuman, an incarnation of Lord Shiva, took birth in Treta Yuga as son of Mata Anjana and Kesari. He is also believed to be the son of Vayu Deva, the God of Winds. He was an ardent devotee of Lord Rama (incarnation of Lord Vishnu), and was famous for His mighty powers, good intellect and profound wisdom.
What are the Puja Timings on Hanuman Jayanti?Purnima Tithi Begins = 10:22 on 10/Apr/2017
Purnima Tithi Ends = 11:37 on 11/Apr/2017
What is the Significance of Hanuman Jayanti?
- Attain Wisdom & Pure Intellect: The devotees who observe fast on this holy day with purity of heart and soul get blessed with deep wisdom and pure intellect (devoid of negative thoughts and feelings).
- Get Rid of Evil Forces: The believers who pray Lord Hanuman with one-pointed faith get rid of the adverse effect of evil forces prevailing in the environment.
- Become Free From Sorrows: The followers who worship Lord Hanuman with utmost devotion on this sacred day become free from all sorrows and get blessed with immense happiness.
What are the Rituals practiced on Hanuman Jayanti?
Morning Puja & Fasting :
- After an early morning bath, place Lord Hanuman’s idol in Puja Room (after washing), offer heart-felt prayers to the divine and perform Puja using incense sticks, vermillion, flowers, jyot and rui.
- Next, recite Hanuman Chalisa.
- Start your day-long fast (consume water, fruits, milk, dairy products as part of fast).
- Also, perform Sundarkand Patha. Always remember that mantras from Sundarkand Patha should be recited properly under the guidance of a priest and at the auspicious time (suggested by astrologers) as its wrong pronunciation and unfavorable time can evoke anger of Lord Hanuman.
Evening Puja :
- Perform Arti in evening and open fast, reciting the name of Lord Hanuman
For more updates about Hindu tithis and festivals, refer www.pawankaushik.com