Since the dawn of civilisation, man has been attracted towards shiny and vibrant gemstones. The beautiful pieces of stones marked a person’s supremacy in the ancient times. Gemstones are believed to be the bringers of peace and happiness. Prosperity also knocks at the door of the individual who acquires them. The gemstones also enhance the aura of a person and thus bless them with name and fame. Ancient scriptures consider Gemstones to be powerful agents that affect the destiny of a person. They absorb the negative energies and protect a person from sickness and pains.
Relationship between human body and gemstones
- An ancient Tantrik scripture, Tantra Sara considers human body to be a home of nine gems.
- The nav ratans are in proportion with the nine elements that compose the human body.
- Wearing the gemstones create an influence that assures the well-being of a person.
Relationship between gemstones and planets
- Navratnas have been divided into two groups: Precious and Semi-Precious. Diamond, Pearl, Blue Sapphire and Emerald are precious gems. Hessonite, Cat’s Eye, Coral and Yellow Sapphire are semi-precious gemstones.
- The division is based on the influence of the gems on the human psyche and their body.
- In India, we all fall under the Moon sign and therefore these Gemstones are said to be therapeutic.
- The effects of the malefic planet get decreased when one possesses a Gemstone. If a planet is badly aspected, they do not give benefits to a person.
- The nine planets reflect the nine gemstones that must be worn by a person according to their horoscope.
How to wear the Gemstones?
- One must always wear the different gems on different fingers.
- The rings are worn according to the Gemstone that represents a planet.
- For wearing the Gemstone, usually, the right hand’s ring finger is ideal.
- It is said that the right hand is for Sun, and the left hand represents Moon.
- Gemstones that represent Sun, Mars, Rahu, Ketu and Saturn must be worn on the left hand.
- Gemstones that represent Moon, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter must be worn on the right hand.
Gemstones have chemical components which bring them closer to the humans. Body joints are the most sensitive part of our body and therefore the rings are always worn on the fingers.काममय एवायं पुरुष इति।
स यथाकामो भवति तत्क्रतुर्भवति।
यत्क्रतुर्भवति तत्कर्म कुरुते।
यत्कर्म कुरुते तदभिसंपद्यते॥(Brihadaranyakopanishat 4.4.5) (You are what your deep, driving desire is
As your desire is, so is your will
As your will is, so is your deed
As your deed is, so is your destiny)
Leave a Reply