Dhanteras 2023: Date and TimingDhanteras, a Hindu festival that kicks off Diwali, will be celebrated on Friday, November 10, 2023. The best time for Dhanteras Puja, the special ritual for this occasion, is from 06:19 PM to 08:23 PM on the same day. You’ll have 2 hours and 4 minutes to perform the puja during this auspicious time.
How to Prepare for Dhanteras 2023?Preparations for Dhanteras begin well in advance.
- People clean their houses and offices, and some even refurbish and redecorate them all over. It is believed that cleanliness attracts Goddess Lakshmi over anything else.
- Vastu experts suggest that cleansing helps create a positive environment and repels all negative cosmic energies. It creates an ideal setting to welcome the Hindu New Year with fresh hopes and aspirations.
- Many people purchase new products like utensils, jewellery, or appliances in addition to cleaning and renovation because Dhanteras is considered an auspicious day to buy new things.
- It is traditional to light traditional oil lamps or diyas to represent the victory of light over darkness and to welcome blessings into the home.
- Preparing special traditional sweets and dishes, such as puris and halwa, is another integral part of the preparations, offering a delightful culinary aspect to the festivities.
- On Dhanteras, families come together to perform puja (prayer) in the evening and seek Goddess Lakshmi for her blessings on prosperity and fortune.
Dhanteras TraditionsDhanteras tradition is deep-rooted in Indian culture and lifestyle. It is a common sight to see houses draped in magnificent, colourful lights. People also light earthen lamps, a custom that has been transferred over the years from one generation to another. Rangoli is another tradition that is deeply tied to Diwali celebrations. Beautiful colourful rangolis are drawn at the entrance of houses and offices. It is seen as a welcome sign for the Goddess of prosperity and wealth. Some people also draw tiny vermilion footprints at important corners of the house. Last but the most important is the tradition of buying new utensils or silver-gold coins and jewellery. This tradition is deep-rooted in India’s glorious past when coins were made of precious metals like gold and silver. They symbolise wealth and prosperity.
What is the Significance of Dhanteras?Dhanteras holds immense significance for people from all walks of life, including young and old, poor and rich, commoners and celebrities. Many legends are associated with Dhanteras, and at the crux of all these legends lie the timeless values of goodness, divinity, and togetherness, as per Pt. Pawan Kaushik, the best astrologer in India, Dhanteras, is a time to light up our lives with positivity and hope. It is the time to get rid of all negativity and find new opportunities that promise prosperity and well-being for not just us in particular but also our friends, neighbours, and relatives.
Benefits of worshipping goddess LakshmiWorshipping Goddess Lakshmi on Dhanteras is a significant astrological tradition that can be highly beneficial to the devotee. The advantages of goddess worship on Dhanteras are as follows:
- Financial Prosperity: When you worship Goddess Lakshmi on Dhanteras, you ask for her blessings to have more money and financial success.
- Remove Obstacles: By following the puja of Goddess Lakshmi, you can get rid of problems and challenges that might be stopping you from doing well. This can help you have a rich and successful life.
- Positive Vibes: When you pray to Goddess Lakshmi, your home can become a happier and more peaceful place because it attracts good energy and makes everyone feel better.
- Spiritual Growth: People think of Goddess Lakshmi as someone who helps them become more connected to their spiritual side. So, by asking for her blessings, you might feel closer to your inner self and the divine.
- Good Luck: In astrology, Goddess Lakshmi is connected to the planet Venus, which is about love, beauty, and wealth. When you worship her, you can make sure this planet brings good things into your life.
- Generosity: Goddess Lakshmi is known for being kind and giving. By seeking her blessings, you might become a more generous and caring person, helping those in need.
- Better Family Relationships: Worshipping the goddess can make your family bonds stronger and create a happier home where everyone gets along well.