Gemology is all about studying stones and their significance. Many gems sourced from nature are believed to be highly powerful in drawing energies of nature’s elements (i.e. earth, water, fire & wind), making them extremely powerful.
Several astrologers recommend people with complex planetary positions in their birth chart to wear associated gemstones for happier lives. Wearing specific gemstones in the form of rings might prove beneficial to the wearer, helping them overcome the hurdles of life. Not just common individuals but Bollywood celebrities and renowned industrialists also take advantage of wearing gemstones with miraculous properties to attract success and prosperity.
Read on to know which finger is considered the best for wearing a Gemstone ring.
The Male and Female Concept
- According to Hindu belief, there is a concept called Ardhanari, which symbolizes androgynous form of Lord Shiva. It is said that the right half is that of a male (Lord Shiva) and the left half is that of a female (Goddess Parvati).
- Wearing a ring on your thumb doesn’t have any astrological association, but in classic mythology it was believed to be an indicator of character. Strong, straight thumbs meant an authoritative personality, while twisted ones were seen as a sign of wickedness or dishonesty.
- The thumb rule of wearing a diamond ring for both men and women is said to be different. Men are supposed to wear the ring on their right hand while women should wear it on their left hand.
It is said that a rightly recommended gemstone corresponding to the planets can lift you to new heights by bringing out the best in you if worn in the correct finger. Studies reveal that choosing the wrong finger for a particular gem can reverse the result as well as yield negative results, hence it is important to take care of these criticalities.
- The Index Finger The index finger is associated with planet Jupiter. Wearing a ring on your index finger represents your ambition, power, authority, self-esteem and the desire to lead.
- The Middle Finger The middle finger is also known as the finger of planet Saturn, as it represents its traits and qualities. Wearing a ring on your middle finger represents your personality, the things that are close to you and your personal world in general.
- The Ring Finger It represents the creative and artistic traits of a person, hence choosing a ring for this finger is considered ideal to a great extent.
The ideal finger to wear any specific gemstone may differ from person to person, depending on their birth chart and zodiac signs. Thus, it is highly important to consult an astrologer before wearing any gemstone.
Consult gemstone expert Pt. Pawan Kaushik for the right advice: +91-9990176000