We make every possible effort to remain healthy but somehow our efforts do not yield the desired result. It’s because we tend to forget the most important factor responsible for good health, that is, Vastu!
It is scientifically proven that the food we consume can have both positive and negative effects on our body and mind depending upon the environs of eating place. It is possible to eliminate all the negative energies from a particular space by ensuring the place is built in compliance with Vastu. Check out a few Vastu tips for your dining room for sound health
DIRECTION OF THE ROOM
- The most suitable location to build dining area is towards West as the setting rays of the sun can kill the harmful bacteria present in food.
- The second best direction for dining area is East because the morning sunrays are full of vitamin D, which is good for health. (Sun rises in the east and sets in the west).
DOORS AND WINDOWS
- The appropriate place for constructing doors and windows is north, east or west walls. Avoid fixing doors and windows on the south wall as this direction obstructs positive flow of energy.
- The main entrance of the house and the doors of dining area should not face each other.
SHAPE AND PLACEMENT OF DINING TABLE
- The dining table must always be rectangular or square in shape since the sharp edges of this kind of table absorbs positive energy and helps in its continuous flow. Avoid circular or oval shaped table.
- The dining table should be placed towards the south-west corner of the room as this direction is the most peaceful one.
- It is advised to keep enough distance between the dining table and the wall.
EAT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
- The head of the family is advised to face East while eating whereas the rest of the family members can face east, north or west direction.
- Children should never face south-west direction as it tends to make them arrogant, which is obviously not acceptable.
- North-east side of the dining table should be used to place drinking water as it helps in proper digestion and assimilation of food.
SAY “NO” TO TOILETS
- Avoid building toilets in the vicinity of the dining area as the unpleasant smell from washrooms has negative impacts on health.
PLACEMENT OF FRIDGE
- Fridge must be placed in the south-east corner of the dining area as it helps in keeping the refrigerated food fresh for a longer duration.
WASH YOUR HANDS AT THE RIGHT PLACE
- Wash basins should be built in north or east direction. Avoid south-west and north-west directions.
PAINT THE DINING AREA APTLY
- The walls of the dining room should be colored with light shades of pink, orange, yellow, cream and off-white. These refreshing colors help keep the mind peaceful, which is very significant for good health.
Follow the above vastu tips for dining room to make your life simpler and sweeter.