This year Ganesh Chaturthi would be celebrated all across the country with full fervour on 5th September. Lord Ganesha is an important deity who is invoked by people before they commence any new or significant task. What is possibly the reason for worshipping him? Why in a marriage He plays a major role? Lord Ganesha is said to the supreme God who must be worshipped before performing any ritual. He is the Vighnaharta, someone who removes obstacles. A legendary story highlights the importance of Ganesha’s worship by quoting the defeat that Lord Shiva faced while fighting Tripurasura as Mahadeva did not worship Ganesha before embarking on his mission to kill Tripurasura. He later on came back, worshipped Ganesha and was then able to kill Tripurasura. It is also believed that the malefic effects of planet Saturn nullify when one prays Lord Ganesha. Wednesday is the day which has been dedicated to the supreme God.
Ganesha PoojaInvoking Lord Ganesha is possible if a person strictly follows the rituals that can help in pleasing the God.
- Take bath early in the morning. Keep the idol of Lord Ganesha in such a way that it should be facing the North direction.
- Light a Diya as well as incense stick in front of the idol.
- Offer fruits, roli, flowers and modak to Lord Ganesha. Chant “ऊँ गं गणपतये नमः” for 108 times.
Mantras that can please Lord GaneshaThere are some Mantras which if chanted, can fulfil the wishes of people and help them in succeeding in the endeavours that they undertake.
- ऊँ वक्रतुण्ड़ महाकाय सूर्य कोटि समप्रभ। निर्विघ्नं कुरू मे देव, सर्व कार्येषु सर्वदा।।
- ऊँ एकदन्ताय विहे वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि तन्नो दन्तिः प्रचोदयात्।
- एकदंताय विद्महे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दंती प्रचोदयात्।। महाकर्णाय विद्महे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दंती प्रचोदयात्।। गजाननाय विद्महे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दंती प्रचोदयात्।।
- श्री वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्य कोटी समप्रभा निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्व-कार्येशु सर्वदा॥
- गणपतिर्विघ्नराजो लम्बतुण्डो गजाननः। द्वैमातुरश्च हेरम्ब एकदन्तो गणाधिपः॥ विनायकश्चारुकर्णः पशुपालो भवात्मजः। द्वादशैतानि नामानि प्रातरुत्थाय यः पठेत्॥ विश्वं तस्य भवेद्वश्यं न च विघ्नं भवेत् क्वचित्।
- साज्यं च वर्तिसंयुक्तं वह्निना योजितं मया | दीपं गृहाण देवेश त्रैलोक्यतिमिरापहम् | भक्त्या दीपं प्रयच्छामि देवाय परमात्मने | त्राहि मां निरयाद् घोरद्दीपज्योत
This is one of the most famous Mantra of Lord Ganesha that people chant before commencing any important work.
This Mantra when chanted, bestows blessings of Lord Ganesha on the worshippers.
Chanting this Mantra gives success in business.
This Mantra of Lord Ganesha helps in removing the obstacles from personal as well as professional life.
When one lights a lamp before Lord Ganesha, they must chant the above Mantra.
Remedies that can bring peace, harmony and prosperity in the house
- Offer ghee and jaggery on every Wednesday to Lord Ganesha which must, later on, be fed to a cow. All the money-related problems end if you do this on every Wednesday.
- According to Vastu principles, place an idol of Lord Ganesha in the pooja room. Peace and harmony prevail in houses where Lord Ganesha is given a proper place.
- Keeping an idol of Lord Ganesha on the entrance keeps negative energies away from the house.