Red coral or Moonga, is composed of magnesium calcium carbonate. This red stone is ruled by the blazing planet, Mars (also known as the Red Planet). Mars represents bravery, fearlessness and courage. Apart from this, ‘this Lord of Wars’ also governs any stability/instability in marital life. If the Mars is not well positioned, one can suffer from various obstacles such as lack of confidence, unaccomplished dreams and poor concentration. Wearing this deep red Jyotish gemstone can instill courage and confidence in the wearer, only in the span of a couple of months. It holds the capability to reverse the evil effects of this planet and retain the positive ones; resulting in healthy and prosperous life.
Who should wear it ?
- Career: Red coral traps positive vibes of the planet Mars, which results in enhanced self-confidence and will power of the wearer. It enhances the ability to focus in order to perform his responsibilities well and makes the native action-oriented. Hence, this gemstone is preferable for administrative workers, doctors, players, etc. as it saves them from any distractions and brings consistency in their professional lives. Red Coral is also advisable to soldiers, policemen and electricians since it holds a potential to save the native from any kinds of mishaps.
- Health: Mars is known for its enraged and eruptive nature; which, if not controlled appropriately in ones horoscope, can lead to burning injuries and accidents. Red Coral or Moonga can minimize these ill-effects and can save the native from any accidents or operations that can lead to blood loss. With the help of this gemstone, people suffering from cancer or any other blood related diseases such as anemia, piles, menstrual disorders, etc can also be relieved from their long prevailing sickness.
- Marriage: The Mars represents younger brother in a family. If Mars is not framed correctly, it can harm the peace within a family and cause tension due to anger and brawls. Apart from this, one can also get rid of his/her ‘mangalik dosh’ with the help of this capable stone; which, as per Hindu mythology, plays a crucial role in a match-making or marriage. Red Coral is also advised to women as it protects them from widowhood and improves the sexual desires.
- Life: Red coral attracts positive energies and helps a person focus harder on their goals. This gemstone not only brings good luck, but also opens the possibility of prospective ventures. It saves the native from bad companionship and aggressiveness, enabling him to maintain a peaceful and comfortable environment. Besides this, it also instills enthusiasm and generosity in the native and helps him lead a vigorous life.
How and when to wear ?
- Red Coral can be set in gold or copper after evaluating the suitability of the metal from the native’s Kundli.
- Before wearing the ring or pendant made of this gemstone, one should always consecrate it; in order to benefit from this capable stone. It should be worn in ring finger of right hand after activating the gem.
- This gemstone should always be worn on a Tuesday during Shukla Paksha or as recommended by an expert.
Wake up early in the morning as the ring should be worn within one hour of sunrise. After bath, dip the stone in raw milk or ganga jal for 20-30mins. Take out the ring or pendent from the milk, recite the advised Mantra for Mangal Devta at least 108 times and wear it in a way that it should touch the skin.
ॐ अं अंगारकाय नम:
Precautions and Care:
Red coral is a very soft and delicate stone; hence, it should be treated with great care. That being said, this stone can be best cleaned with lukewarm soapy water and a soft cloth. Any dust should be either wiped off by a soft linen cloth or blown off by any source of compressed air. One should note that this stone should never be soaked in any kind jewelry dip as it can permanently damage the stone.